What is GWT XTender? – summary
Google Web Toolkit (GWT) XTender allows you to point and click to databind your dataobject to any GUI Widget available in GWT, ie: GWT-EXT or MYGWT.
- Allows via eclipse wizard to create data binding between UI Widgets and data objects
- Data binding code generated is typically 1 or 2 lines.
- All data changes can be tracked in the GWT client application (Supports change tracking for client side data.)
- Automated “Save Changes” capability.
- Provides a clear separation between data model and displayed data in visual controls.
- Provides hooks for custom data validation and formatting of the data.
- Consumes GWT RPC and REST style messages.
- Allows you to have the flexibility of choosing a data from some feed and via data binding point it to the GUI Widget of your choice without the need of rewriting large parts of the application.
- Extensible to any GWT capable UI Widget set.