Category Archives: Web
- The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is an international consortium where Web standards are developed. Mission : To lead the WWW to its full potential by developing protocols and guidelines that ensure long-term growth for the Web
- A major chunk of the population suffers from some of the impairment. The target segment for accessibility includes – Visual, Hearing, Old age, low Literacy, low bandwidth connections
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) – Explains to Web content developers how to make content accessible for people with disabilities
- Section 508 and ADA (American with Disabilities Act) are laws that govern Web accessibility in US
What is a WIDGET?
ApacheBench is a command line computer program for measuring the performance of HTTP web servers, in particular the Apache HTTP Server. It was designed to give an idea of the performance that a given Apache installation can provide. In particular, it shows how many requests per second the server is capable of serving.
The ab tool comes bundled with the standard Apache source distribution, and like the Apache web server itself, is free, open source software and distributed under the terms of the Apache License.
More Info : Performance Benchmarks a Webserver
- Used for repeating simple UI components
- Repetition can be controlled by an array
- Repeater components look like containers in the code but they are not containers
- Repeaters don’t have automatic layout functionality of containers.
- Purpose of using: To form a series of subcomponents as per the contents of a specified data provider.
- For dealing with large amount of data; use controls like HorizontalList, TileList, and List
This article is consolidation of the best practices which are followed or taken care during the development when a web page is styled using a external or inline style sheet referred to as CSS (Cascading Style Sheet). The best practices are arrived at after evaluating and analyzing the working web pages. Some of the concepts shared in this article are widely available on the internet but few are exclusively on the basis of experience and learning. Cascading style sheets are, in general terms, a collection of formatting rules that control the appearance, or presentation, of content on a web page. Implementing CSS within a page or site is done in one of three ways